Commercial Insurance Marketer
The enthusiastic incumbent will work with insurance carriers to negotiate optimal benefits and insurance policies for customers and the company. The team member will prepare commercial policies documentation and estimates for presentation to existing and prospective clients. In addition the commercial marketer will act as a resource; providing guidance to all staff members as it relates to commercial business while at all times working cohesively and in promotion of the Personal Lines Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively work with the sales team to close prospective business and collaborate on the enhancement of existing accounts
- Act as head mediator and negotiator with company representatives on commercial accounts.
- Engage with company representatives on how to improve, enhance and develop products and future opportunities.
- Identify new and potential customers’ needs, explain products and benefits in terms of process and impact, make recommendations and ensure important information is understood by clients.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of policy applications and other essential information to be communicated.
- Issue all commercial binders and certificates of insurance.
- Prepare and present to staff periodical organizational and educational materials.
- Liaise with commercial representatives from various insurance carriers.
- University or College level education an asset
- Registered Insurance Broker of Ontario (RIBO) Certification with 4-7 years experience working in the insurance industry.
- Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation or Canadian Accredited Insurance Broker (CAIB) designation achieved or in process with a plan to complete the designation.
- We offer medical and dental benefits, education and growth opportunities as well as a pension plan.