Allen Insurance Group is committed to maintaining a workplace environment that provides accessibility for persons with disabilities in the delivery of Allen Insurance Group goods and services.
This policy is consistent with the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service made under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005 (“AODA”).
Accessibility Customer Service Plan
Allen Insurance Group will use reasonable efforts to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures governing the provision of its services to persons with disabilities are consistent with the following principles:
- goods and services are provided in a way that respects the dignity and independent of persons with disabilities;
- persons with disabilities are able to benefit from the same services; in the same place, and in a similar way as other clients;
- persons with disabilities have opportunities equal to as others to obtain, use, and benefit from Allen Insurance Group’s goods or services.
Allen Insurance Group is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Our accessible customer service policies are consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
Application of Policy
This policy applies for Allen Insurance Group services that are provided externally to the public or third parties.
The policy applies to all staff at Allen Insurance Group, agents, volunteers, clients, and visitors to Allen Insurance Group. All areas of Allen Insurance Group are accountable for providing accessibility to persons with disabilities.
Providing Goods and Services to Persons With Disabilities
Allen Insurance Group is committed to excellence in serving all clients, including persons with disabilities, and will carry out its functions and responsibilities by:
- Communicating with persons with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
- Serving persons with disabilities who use assistive devices. Allen Insurance Group will provide its staff with training on how to use the assistive devises available on Allen Insurance Group premises.
- Ensuring that persons with disabilities who are accompanied by their guide dog or other service animals are permitted to enter the premises of Allen Insurance Group with the animal and to keep the animal with them, unless the animal is excluded by law from the premises.
- Ensuring that persons with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person are permitted to enter Allen Insurance Group premises with their support person. At no time will persons with disabilities who are accompanied by their support person be prevented for having access to their support person while on Allen Insurance Group premises.
Persons with disabilities may enter Allen Insurance Group premises with a support person and have access to the support person while on the premises.
Allen Insurance Group does not charge fees for support persons or if fees are charged for admission to the premises (e.g., special events), Allen Insurance Group shall provide notice of the amount in advance.
Allen Insurance Group may require persons with disabilities to be accompanied by a support person when on the premises, but only if a support person is necessary to protect the health and safety of the person with disabilities or the health or safety of others on the premises.
Persons with disabilities may be accompanied by a guide dog or other service animal when on Allen Insurance Group premises. In the event that service animals are excluded by law from the premises, Allen Insurance Group will provide other resources or supports to enable the person with disabilities to access the services and goods offered by Allen Insurance Group.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
Allen Insurance Group will notify the public in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by persons with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Allen Insurance Group will train its staff and other individuals who provide services to the public on Allen Insurance Group’s behalf on the provision of its goods and services to persons with disabilities.
The training will be provided as soon as practicable after Allen Insurance Group members commence his or her duties and will include the following topics:
- An overview of the AODA and the requirements of the client service standard;
- Allen Insurance Group’s plan related to the client service standard;
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person;
- How to use the equipment or devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing services to people with disabilities;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Allen Insurance Group’s services; and
- Allen Insurance Group’s policies, practices, and procedures relating to customer service standard.
Staff will be trained when changes are made to our accessible client service plan.
Allen Insurance Group will provide training on an ongoing basis when changes are made to Allen Insurance Group’s policies, practices, and procedures governing the provision of goods or services to persons with disabilities.
Allen Insurance Group welcomes any feedback regarding the methods it uses to provide goods and services to persons with disabilities. Individuals may provide their feedback in person, by telephone, at 1-877-924-2632, in writing, online using our webform at http://alleninsurance.ca/contact, regular mail, or verbally.